If you think Scotland is all bagpipes and pubs, think again. Scotland is a vibrant country with a rich history, active adventures and unique experiences galore. Consider these intriguing experiences for a Scottish vacation:
1. Kayak around the Isle of Skye. Paddle your way through the wildlife, history, geology, and mind-blowing scenery of the waters surrounding the Isle of Skye.
2. Sample the Malt Whisky Trail. Follow the Malt Whisky Trail through its own traditions, lore, and recipes for everything from malting the barley to the height and size of its stills.
3. Explore Cairngorms National Park. Take a dogsled ride through the forest tracks or embark on one of the many hiking tours to discover the wintry beauty and diverse landscapes that make up this amazing park.
4. Test your skills at the famous Old Course at St Andrews. Play the oldest golf course in the world that still challenges the abilities of some of today’s champion golfers.
5. All aboard the Waverly steamer. Enjoy a unique chance to relax aboard the Waverly – the last sea-going paddle steamer in the world. Set sail from many of the departure points around the Firth of Clyde and soak up the stunning scenery of some of the most picturesque parts of the Scottish coastline.
6. Go shopping in Edinburgh. Splash the cash while shopping in Edinburgh. Princes Street is full of popular shops or, head to Rose Street where you’ll find even more shops!
7. Take a ferry to the Isle of Arran. Board the ferry from the Ayrshire town of Ardrossan to the Isle of Arran’s main town, Brodick and treat yourself to views of picturesque villages, castles and ancient monuments along the way.
8. Explore the Outer Hebrides. Head to one of the most remote locations to take in some of the most stunning views in Scotland, including 130 miles of white sandy beaches.
For more Scottish possibilities, click here for the VIRTUOSO LIFE special supplement on Scotland.
To ensure that you garner the best experiences on your travels, use a Virtuoso travel advisor.