VIRTUOSO LIFE’s COVER photo shoot in Naples, Italy
By Melanie Fowler
Art Director, Virtuoso Life
The July-August issue of Virtuoso Life has arrived, showcasing the results of our annual Travel Dreams Survey. Featured on the cover: a Mediterranean cruise, one of our readers’ top travel dreams. The cover photo (and related article within) was shot on location in Naples, when Regent’s Seven Seas Mariner was in port during Virtuoso’s Symposium in April.
While in Naples, some of the photography crew and I stayed at the 83-room Romeo. It’s a great location on the harbor, within walking distance to shops and restaurants as well as the ancient city center. Capri, Ischia, Sorrento and Positano are all nearby.
Pictured from top: Romeo lobby, Naples city center, view of the port of Naples from Romeo’s tenth floor, and the pool area.
Romeo hotel highlights:
• Location, location, location.
• The view of Naples harbor from the rooftop pool and breakfast room.
• Delicious breakfast every morning – strong coffee and various local cold cuts with buffalo mozzarella.
• Free wireless Internet.
• In-room Nespresso coffee machine.
• Customizable light system.
Good to know:
• The flat glass sink in the bathroom was not particularly functional; water splashed easily onto the mirror.
• Some bathroom lights seem to be controlled by a motion sensor, which could be frustrating.
• The Jacob Jensen telephones were tricky to use.
I hope you enjoy the latest issue of Virtuoso Life – it’s one of my favorite covers, ever.