Travel and adventure journalist Kellee Edwards has journeyed more than 200 miles along the Peruvian Amazon to visit remote tribes, searched for mummies in Alaska, piloted a Cessna 172 along Australia’s Kimberley coastline, and gone cave swimming in Fiji’s Yasawa Islands. “If you’re the least bit curious about experiencing something, that’s the perfect reason to do it,” she says. “Who’s to say you’ll have the chance to do it again? Life is for living, not contemplating and overthinking.”
Pre-pandemic, the host of the Travel Channel’s Mysterious Islands and, more recently, of Travel + Leisure’s “Let’s Go Together” podcast traveled at least twice a month for her projects or for fun. For now, she welcomes the opportunity to explore within the U.S. and to her third trip to Alaska, one of her favorite adventure playgrounds.
Here, ten items Kellee Edwards doesn’t leave home without:
- My Lo & Sons O.G. 2 holds everything I need for flying and is perfect for taking to meetings as well.
- Une Piece Sexy Rashie is UPF 50+, protects my arms, and comes in a great mix of solids and patterns.
- The Patagonia Nano Puff is compact, warm, and travels well.
- I organize gadgets, cords, and toiletries in Isaac Mizrahi mesh pouches.
- I wear a red lip on all my adventures, and Fenty Beauty Stunna lip paint lasts throughout the day.
- I use the latest GoPro, the only camera that can go anywhere I go by land, air, or sea.
- Garmin’s InReach Explorer+ satellite communicator lets me send a text from anywhere in the world to let loved ones know I’m OK. Hi, Mom!
- Rest & Renew satin pillow protectors help me avoid bed head.
- The Yeti Panga backpack 28 is waterproof and extremely durable.
- An EightyFiveEightySix mesh sling bag holds smaller essentials for quick access on the go.