Five picks for perfecting your cabana ensemble.
1. A stylish take on mountaineering specs, Vuarnet’s Ice shades are mirrored and backlight filtered, with removable side and bridge shields that block reflected light and reduce eyestrain. $340
2. Bronze accents at the temple set off Smith’s Runaround frames. Polarized Chromapop lenses cut glare and correct color aberrations for sharp, true-to-life vision. $199
3. A hint of color pops on the arms of Burberry’s Flat-Top Square sunglasses, which feature a strong double bridge that looks great on rounder face shapes. $245
4. Ray-Ban’s Colonel sunglasses subtly update the aviator’s round-lens tradition, which dates to WWII, with a square, slightly oversize shape and gradient lenses that allow others to see your eyes, a nice alternative to the mirrored, biker-cop look. $163
5. The translucent, cellulose acetate frames of Warby Parker’s Jones sunglasses, combined with round, brown-hued lenses, are designed to fit medium-width face shapes. If lemongrass isn’t your summer shade, they’re also available in tortoiseshell, as well as a warm rose hue. $95
Top photo: Photography (Chris Plavidal), (Styling) Heidi Adams