With her husband and four children in tow, Marcie Pantzer, the New York City-based, 43-year-old founder and creative director of Dear Annabelle stationery has soaked up the sun on Mallorca, sailed in the Aeolian Islands, and explored New Zealand’s Milford Sound. She gathers inspiration (and stationery) as she goes and advocates for snail mail. “People love and appreciate mail from faraway places. Most hotels have chic (sometimes kitschy) stationery and postcards in the rooms, so it’s easy to write a short note,” she says.
When the pandemic waylaid her trips to Greece and France, Virtuoso travel advisor Eric Grayson leaped into action, canceling international flights and reservations at six separate hotels. “Eric was really our advocate, reaching out to the hotels to ensure that we were able to secure refunds,” she says. “We look forward to having him rebook several of our trips soon.” In the meantime, Pantzer’s family is hoping for closer-to-home late-summer getaways, perhaps to Amangiri in Utah or Montana’s Ranch at Rock Creek.
Here, ten items Marcia Panzer doesn’t leave home without:
- The Paravel Aviator Carry-on Plus is super-stylish, and I love that it incorporates sustainable and recycled materials, including plastic water bottles.
- I love the texture of Supergoop! SPF 40 Unseen Sunscreen.
- Veja V-10 sneakers are fashionable enough that I can sport them in the airport and around town.
- Beyond Yoga’s Spacedye leggings and cropped tank are super-soft and flattering. I try to maintain my workout routine on vacation.
- Trish McEvoy Correct & Even concealer and Vertly CBD-infused Peppermint Stick lip butter.
- A Byredo travel candle in Bohemia scent to make the hotel room feel and smell like home.
- An Emilio Pucci printed triangle bikini – I’ve been collecting fun Pucci-print bikinis for ages. You never know when you might want to hit the hotel pool or sauna.
- Eberjey’s Gisele Short PJ set is made of the softest stretch jersey and fits perfectly.
- A Porthault Trotter cosmetics bag. I’ve been using this same style since college. It holds absolutely everything, and I love the sweet floral design.
- I always pack Dear Annabelle notecards to write notes on the road or send with a gift that I pick up along the way.