Don’t you love a good hotel? The floral bouquets in the lobby, the warm welcome from the doormen, the anticipation of stepping into your room for the first time, the indulgence of room service.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Virtuoso’s preferred hotels and resorts program, a collection of the best properties around the world. Virtuoso travel advisors vet them all, so you can be confident they won’t disappoint. Whether your taste runs to intimate boutique hotels or sprawling resorts, modern design or classic, the portfolio of 900-plus five-star hotels offer something for every style. The best part: Virtuoso advisors can secure you valuable – and fun – VIP perks, such as complimentary breakfasts, spa treatments, and more.
I’ve visited several of our North American hotels recently; here are few highlights:
• Bellagio: Rang in the New Year at Hyde, the new fountain side bar in Las Vegas. Find more related news on page 44.
• Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino: Went for a winter getaway with the kids and can’t wait to return in the summer. The lakeside cottages will wow you.
• The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort: Talk about glamour and glitz. Find an interview with the concierge on page 32.
• Las Ventana Al Paraiso: Understated luxe exemplified. (No, I didn’t swipe the Do Not Disturb sign on page 74.)
• One & Only Palmilla: Another Cabo favorite, whose grounds explode with color.
• Hotel Bel-Air: A classic, reborn. Read about my spa experience on page 148.
• The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows: A visit to the Polo Lounge is a must. Celebrate the grande dame’s 100th birthday with the souvenir on page 160.
• The Boulders: I ventured out for early morning hikes before meetings at the quiet retreat in the Sonoran desert foothills.
• Arizona Biltmore: The perfect place for families; ask your advisor to book you in the new Ocatilla Wing. I still can’t get over how the gardens perfumed the air, everywhere.
• The Setai: The location of this issue’s cover shoot in Miami. The weather was windy but the skies were blue and the venue was spectacular. After the shoot, we celebrated at the hotel’s restaurant, where the truffled dumplings were so good we ordered a second helping.
Find suggestions on the best hotel stays and more in the most recent edition of Virtuoso Life.